The Clan MacDougall Society of North America, Inc. was founded in 1964 with the full approval of our late chief, Madam MacDougall of MacDougall, thirtieth Chief of the Clan. The Society now spans both Canada and the United States and is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a charitable organization under Sec. 501(c)(3). Contributions and gifts to the Society are tax-deductible for U.S. taxpayers. We are moving into the twenty-first century, bringing to our increasing circle of members a joy of belonging and of growing pride in a goodly heritage.
Through the efforts of Society members, the following activities are in constant development:
- Preservation and sharing of our heritage – music, oral history, folklore and crafts.
- Involvement of our youth through athletic, creative and exchange experiences.
- Publication of The Tartan, our Clan Society’s communicator and supplementary newsletters.
- Support to our Chief in maintaining Dunollie as well as the preserving of historical records.
- Making available books, manuscripts and other sources to libraries and centers of Scottish studies.
- Awarding prizes and trophies which encourage excellence in performance within the Scottish community.
- Maintaining contact with our Clan folk around the world.