2019 Clan MacDougall
Official Photos taken during the Gathering
From Tuesday 30th July to Sunday 4th August, over 300 MacDougalls from all over the world descended on Dunollie to celebrate their heritage as part of the International Clan MacDougall Gathering 2019.
This video was created for the 2019 Clan MacDougall Gathering to show how we Scots outside of Scotland have been retaining our heritage over the centuries since our ancestors departed. (Best in full screen with HD turned on.)
Posted by Clan MacDougall Society of North America on Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Attendees travelled from countries as far as Australia, North & South America, South Africa, Europe, England, Ireland and Wales. There was even the joy of a surprise wedding, with a lovely young Swedish couple who were married in secret in Oban whilst joining the festivities.
Dunollie hosted a range of over 80 activities for attendees to enjoy, including Whisky Tasting, day trips to Kerrera, Lismore and Kilbride, Boat Trips, Gaelic, Clarsach and Art Workshops, Historical Talks, Re-Enactment Events and a Scottish music performance inspired by the iconic Brooch of Lorn. In keeping with tradition, attendees donned their finest apparel for the Clan Dinner dance on the Saturday evening. The Gathering drew to a close with the Farewell March along the stunning coastline to Dunollie on Sunday afternoon, led by the Isle of Mull & Iona Pipe Band.
After the success of the 2019 Gathering, Madam MacDougall and the committee are due to meet next month to discuss future plans for the event, and how we can continue to bring together MacDougall’s from all corners of the globe to connect, discover and celebrate their roots.
If you would like to keep up to date with news on the next International Clan MacDougall Gathering, make sure to sign up for free to Dunollie’s Worldwide Clan MacDougall at https://www.dunollie.org/worldwide-clan-macdougall to receive information as it is announced.
Marketing & Promotions Manager, Dunollie
Image Gallery of Pictures provided by Members
Enjoy the benefits of membership in the Clan MacDougall Society of North America:
- Learn about your legacy and get assistance with genealogical research.
- Communicate with other MacDougalls/MacDowalls, develop new “kinfolk” friendships and keep up with Society news.
- Find out about Scottish Highland gatherings, games, events and activities in your area.
- Participate in the Scottish Community and help preserve the Scottish tradition.
- Support scholarships for our youth to pursue Scottish dance, music, and Gaelic studies.
- Attend our Clan tents at Highland games and Scottish festivals throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Support our worldwide Clan’s efforts to maintain our Dunollie and Gylen castles in Scotland, and the museum and cultural center at Dunollie House.
- Help to preserve and share our noble heritage: music, oral history, folklore and crafts.