2014 Annual General Meeting Live Webcast
Please join us for the live webcast of Clan MacDougall Society’s Annual General Meeting on Saturday, July 12 @ 5:30pm EST. Click on this link to access our 2014 AGM event page. Click the “play” button on the screen viewer. During the meeting, you can submit questions or comments using the Q&A button in the upper right corner.
Preview Trailer for the 2014 Annual General Meeting
Keep checking this website for details about participating in our first AGM webcast.
It’s not too late to plan to attend the GMHG, July 11-13!
We hope you plan to attend this year’s Society events at Grandfather Mountain Highland Games.
Founders Dinner begins with a formal reception at 6:00 p.m. Friday, July 11 at the Eseeola Lodge. The reservation form was included in a previous e-bulletin to active members and in the spring issue of The Tartan.
Late Saturday afternoon July 12, both our BBQ and Annual General Meeting will be held nearby at the COSCA house on the campus of Lees-McRae College. The Feast of Porky Campbell BBQ begins at 4:30 p.m. The 2014 Annual General Meeting (AGM) follows promptly at 5:30, providing an opportunity for all active members to participate with questions or comments. If desired, you may submit them in advance.
Keep checking this website for directions to Lees-McRae College.
Tune in to our first-ever live webcast of the Annual General Meeting
5:30pm EDT, Saturday July 12, 2014
For those Society members who can’t travel to Grandfather Mountain this year, you can now participate in the Annual General Meeting via the internet.
The AGM will be conducted as a Google+ Hangout On Air. That is a free service of Google that allows us to live stream the AGM to any Clan MacDougall Society members who have the link (URL) that we will provide before the meeting.
Watch this website for the link.
2014 Clan MacDougall
Make this the year you get to know more about your Clan MacDougall heritage!
Enjoy the benefits of membership in the Clan MacDougall Society of North America:
- Learn about your legacy and get assistance with genealogical research.
- Communicate with other MacDougalls/MacDowalls, develop new “kinfolk” friendships and keep up with Society news.
- Find out about Scottish Highland gatherings, games, events and activities in your area.
- Participate in the Scottish Community and help preserve the Scottish tradition.
- Support scholarships for our youth to pursue Scottish dance, music, and Gaelic studies.
- Attend our Clan tents at Highland games and Scottish festivals throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Support our worldwide Clan’s efforts to maintain our Dunollie and Gylen castles in Scotland, and the museum and cultural center at Dunollie House.
- Help to preserve and share our noble heritage: music, oral history, folklore and crafts.